Ausangate Trek 5 Days
$0 $0per person
This route to Ausangate Mountain offers the most spectacular views of this sacred Andean mountain before it deviates towards the impressive Lagoons, leaving tourist crowds behind and entering an almost uninhabited area where you can truly commune with nature.
Not IncludedExtra expensesAir Transport
Day 1: CUSCO - TINQUI - UPIS
Day 2: UPIS TO LAKE AUSANGATE Q’OCHA
Day 3: LAKE AUSANGATE Q’OCHA TO QAMPA
Day 4: Q’AMPA TO PACCHANTA
Day 5: PACCHANTA TO CUSCO
- - Pre trek briefing
- - Collection from your hotel in the morning of trek departure.
- - Transport private from Cusco to and Phinaya to cusco.
- - English/Quechua/Spanish speaking professional guide (you will have an assistant guide for groups over 6 people).
- - Tents - 2 people in a 4 person tent which allows for greater comfort, and also storage of backpacks.
- - Basic foam mattress. If you require greater comfort during the trek we can hire you an inflatable mattress (eg. Thermarest).
- - Cook and Cooking equipment (Assistants are provided for larger groups)
- - Toilet tent
- - Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food). Our professional cooks prepare meals that incorporate elements of the western diet and also traditional Peruvian delicacies. (Please communicate with your guide/cook during the trek if you have a preference for certain types of dishes). Salads, if served, are washed in boiled water.
- - Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen. They carry camping equipment, food and kitchen utensils. We provide duffel bags at your briefing for your personal items (up to 7 kg/15lbs per person).
- - 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you are feeling ill or if are a little slower
- - Dining tent with camp tables and chairs & Kitchen tent for the cook to prepare meals
- - Tents for our staff to sleep in
- - First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- - Breakfast on the first morning.
- - Sleeping bags If you haven't got a sleeping bag or you don't want the hassle of bringing one all the way to Peru with you, then we have sleeping bags for hire.For this trek you should hire minus 15 or warmer bags.
- - Tips for the guide, cook and porters
- - Additional horses for passengers luggage.
- - Original Passport
- - ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- - Walking boots
- - Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- - Warm jacket
- - Hat and gloves
- - T-shirts
- - Comfortable Trousers
- - Sun hat
- - Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- - Insect repellant
- - Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- - Personal medication
- - Camera and film
- - Torch with spare batteries
- - Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, tips